At Relentless Church, we believe in changing the world happens through relationships and community. That’s why we are investing in a community in La Ceiba, Honduras by partnering with Compassion Int. through the local church to sponsor children living in poverty within that community. While it begins with sponsorship, we believe that’s far from the end. Relentless completed the first visit to La Ceiba April 2019, where our team met some of the 58 (and counting) children sponsored by our Relentless family and learned more about the Compassion Center there as well as other organizations supporting children in La Ceiba. This was the first of many visits where we will work towards making a significant impact in that area over time.
Relentless Church is heading back to La Ceiba, Honduras in July 2020. Details are still being finalized with Compassion and some of the information below is subject to change. If you are interested in attending our upcoming trip, please complete the application here and we will contact you regarding next steps and with additional details. We can’t wait to see how God uses Relentless Church in La Ceiba.
- Saturday, July 25 – Travel from Raleigh to San Pedro Sula, ground transport to La Ceiba
- Sunday, July 26 – Attend Partner Church in La Ceiba
- Monday, July 27 – Compassion Center Visit
- Tuesday, July 28 – Excursion with sponsored children
- Wednesday, July 29 – Friday, July 31 – Serving with Give Hope 2 Kids
- Saturday, August 1 – Travel from La Ceiba to San Pedro Sula
- Sunday, August 2 – Travel from San Pedro Sula to Raleigh
*Schedule subject to change
12/15/19 – Informational meeting following church. If you are interested in joining this trip, please attend this meeting
01/17/19 – Applications due for trip
$2,000/person; includes airfare from RDU to San Pedro Sula, costs of accommodations, most meals and ground transportation while in Honduras.
The group will spend 7 nights at Give Hope 2 Kids La Ceiba campus in a cabin for mission teams. The final night will be spent in a hotel near the airport in San Pedro Sula to ensure the team makes their flight the following morning.
Give Hope 2 Kids will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner during the times we are with them. The group will eat at the Compassion Center for lunch on Monday and eat out with the children on Tuesday for lunch. Meals while traveling or eating at restaurants are not included in the cost.
You will have the opportunity to attend church service at our partner church in La Ceiba, who hosts the Compassion Center. You will spend a day at the Compassion Center meeting all the children sponsored by Relentless families and providing a fun activity for the kids, while also taking a tour and learning about the local ministry. The following day you will have the opportunity to take the sponsored children of attendees on the trip out for a day of fun.
While serving at Give Hope 2 Kids, teams will work on small construction projects as they build their new transitional homes in La Ceiba for youth. Teams will also travel to the mountains to visit Give Hope 2 Kids program their and partake in small projects with families on campus. Much more detailed information will be provided as we get closer to the trip.
Compassion International: We fight poverty personally. We are child-focused. When a child is registered in our program the beneficiary of the support is the specific sponsored child. We work with the neediest and most vulnerable children that we can reach — the poorest of the poor. Our Child Sponsorship Program offers:
- medical checkups and health care.
- health and hygiene training.
- ongoing Christian training through a local church.
- educational assistance, including textbooks, school uniforms, post-secondary courses, tutoring, test and lab supplies and even literacy and financial training for caregivers.
- key life skills training, mentoring and vocational programs.
- nutritious food and supplements to protect against malnutrition.
- recreational activities and support to development self-confidence and social skills.
- protection from crime, violence and danger.
- access to special services like surgeries and disaster relief.
Our ministry for orphaned and abandoned kids is all about family. When new kids come, we place them in an existing family, with house-parents and their biological children. Through these family-style homes, we are teaching children how to interact in a normal family setting. They have siblings, chores, positive discipline, and most importantly, individual love. We do our best to have these be long-term placements, so the kids can form a lasting bond with their house-parents. We hope to see them grow to have successful families of their own, without repeating cycles of dysfunction.
Started and run by Jason and Sarah Furrow, Give Hope 2 Kids is a ministry that our team met with on their previous trip to Honduras. They were very moved by the work of Furrows in Honduras and serving with this ministry was a natural complement to our work with Compassion.